May 27, 2010

It's my birthday! It's my birthday! We're gonna party like it's my birthday! Part one

May 24th was my birthday. I officially turned 14 with a whole weekend of activities. It was very exciting and I still can't believe that I am 14, that is way too old.

My birthday celebrations started out when I went to see Hamlet with two of my theatre friends and our moms. The show was confusing, but really good. It was cool seeing an all female production of a traditionally male play. The best part of the night though, was probably when we all went to Highland Kitchen for a pre-show dinner. To start off we shared a asparagus and pork belly appetizer, a fried artichoke appetizer, and an order of deviled eggs. It was all great, but my personal favorite of the three was the asparagus one. It was just plain delicious, the crispy pork belly, soft asparagus, and gooey fried egg went together perfectly. For my entree I had a fried soft shell crab appetizer and a side of fries. I love soft shell crabs and this was my first of the year, so it kind of made my night. Overall, it was a lovely evening.

The next morning to continue my birthday celebrations, my mom and I went to Harvard Square to look for sandals. The sandals were going to be one of my birthday presents, but we decided that it would probably be a good idea to have me pick them out myself. To start the morning off we went to Burdicks for breakfast. I had a piece of mocha cake and tea, and my mom had a frozen hot chocolate and a croissant. It was all delicious, but the best part was that Burdicks wasn't completely packed. There were even empty tables! We then traversed all over the square looking for sandals and ended up getting these gladiator sandals, but in black. They are totally hip and really comfortable. Basically, I love them.

We then wandered around for a while and soon it was time for a snack/lunch for me. I got a burger at Flat Patties which I did not like. The actual burger was fine at best, but the bun was too chewy and too big and just ruined the whole composition. It didn't manage to make the memory of the morning any less enjoyable, so I guess that that is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment