May 10, 2010

Rain Boots!

As with any small child my love affair with rain boots just started with wanting to jump in the puddles. I didn't care about color, pattern, or height. As long as they kept my feet dry, I was happy as a clam.

This all ended in the fourth or fifth grade when my real style started to show. I also got a pair of Lands End striped rain boots for my birthday. Although I now realize that they are pretty amazing (my sister has them now and she always looks fantastic in them), I didn't really appreciate them for all of their worth. I mainly just wore them at camp. Pretty soon they were too small and I was rain boot less.

My mom on the other hand got paisley target rain boots pretty close to when I grew out of my striped ones. I thought that they were the coolest things ever and they got me really interested in rain boots.

For about 2 years I was rain boot less, until one day I was out with my grandma in Harvard Square when I saw the coolest pair of rain boots ever. They were tall, streamlined, and just one solid color. To sum it up they were Hunter Wellies.. I was in love. For about a year I talked about them pretty much any time I was reminded of them. It was my dream and aspiration to own a pair of Hunter Wellies.

Well, last spring that dream came true. For my bat mitzvah family friends got my my very own pair of purple Hunter Wellies. They are tall, stream lined, a very dark purple, and incredibly stylish. Although I don't even like the rain very much, it always cheers me up to be able to wear my boots. They are great with leggings and a big plaid shirt ala Kate Moss, or jeans and a sweater ala city chick.


My mom even has a pair, although hers are orange and she doesn't put as much thought into what to wear with them as I do. Still we are a veritable rain boot power family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have just convinced me to get rainboots ... I've never had them before. But those wellies are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete