May 8, 2010

Food Score in the Neighborhood

Just this week a new restaurant, Little Q Hot Pot, opened in our neighborhood. We had been wanting to to try it ever since we noticed that a new restaurant was going in in the space it now occupies. Lunch today seemed like a perfect time to try it, since it was raining and we had been cooped up all morning.

Once at the restaurant we looked at the menu and immediately my mom, dad, and I knew that we wanted hot pot. My sister, the picky eater, got her signature Asian restaurant meal of rice. We ended up deciding to get Mongolian Veggie broth with shrimp, clams, fishcake, a vegetable platter (that was pretty much just greens), and noodles to put in at the end. This is what our table looked like before we dug in:


Oh my was it delicious! To begin with the broth was great, and it imparted its flavor into all of the stuff that we put in it. The other great part about hot pot is that you get to cook everything yourself and decide when you want to put things in and take them out. Everyone got a kick out of that, even the picky eater herself who didn't eat but wanted to cook.

We pretty much devoured everything in sight and managed to leave the table looking like this:


It was overall a very successful lunch, but my mom and I felt that it needed something sweet afterwards. We decided to go to Quebrada to get dessert. We have had bad experiences with non breakfast items or cookies there, but today we made great decisions. My mom had a very good mini chocolate chip cheese cake and I had a good mini chocolate eclair.

All in all it was a very successful neighborhood eating expedition.

4 comments:

  1. Mara, I can totally see Eva eating the rice after our meals with her at Timberlake. Payson and I can see her now at the table! I love the idea for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT picky, I just like a limited amount of food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love little q hot pot. had it in quincy but they closed this winter and I am SO happy to know it's on this side of boston. great blog, Mara, your writing, like your talking, is, simply, delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love little q hot pot. had it in quincy but they closed this winter and I am SO happy to know it's on this side of boston. great blog, Mara, your writing, like your talking, is, simply, delicious.

    ReplyDelete