May 6, 2010

The Met Ball

After looking at all of the Met Ball pictures I have decided that:

A. I want to go, just so that I can wear a really fancy ball gown and hang out with fashion people, and

B. I have a thing for puffy skirted dresses. All of my favorite dresses had giant skirts except for Emmy Rossum's blue Kenneth Cole dress, but hers was a great color.


Anne Hathaway's Valentino dress was the first dress that I saw and went that is my favorite dress! And you know what I think it still is. The skirt is lovely and full of tulle, the bodice is sparkly, and she looks great in it. What more could one ask for in a dress?


Camilla Belle's red Jason Wu dress is definitely a close second. In her case the dress is not as poufy and full of tulle, but it is in another statement color and it has a teeny train which is very cool.


A lot of the outfits were pretty awful though, all of the jumpsuits were horrible and I'm sorry but Katy Perry's dress just freaks me out.



On a side note, only Grace Coddington could show up to the Met Ball in a long sleeved black sheathish dress and white flat sandals and not look completely out of place. The hair and fame probably has something to do with that though.


All pictures are courtesy of style.com/

4 comments:

  1. Great post - I like the blue dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, especially the part about Katy Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the woman next to anne hathaway's dress look's familiar

    ReplyDelete